• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Melatonin problem - irregular sleep schedule

trancetasy

Bluelighter
i've been taking melatonin (3mg) the past two days due to my restless sleep patterns. the 1st night (10pm) after on 5htp (100mg) and melatonin (3mg), i felt i was spinning on bed and lay awake for hours until early hours (3am). then i finally got some sleep and woke up at 7am, i felt drowsiness for the day. i went to bed at 5pm on 3mg of melatonin. got up at 10pm and lay in bed awake till 3~5am. i've messed up my sleep schedule and i need some help FAST!

If at all possible, I recommend you stay up for an entire night and day, and then go to sleep at a reasonable time that fits your schedule the night after. I've found that it's the most effective method of resetting your sleep cycle.

Stop taking 5HTP and modify the Melatonin dosage till you find the sweet spot

Dude Melatonin KICKS my ass after i take about 3 and smoke 2 bowls or so i fuckin piece the fuck out shitty haha :)

Stop taking 5HTP and modify the Melatonin dosage till you find the sweet spot

yes 5htp definitely made it worse LOL :p i've been clean from 5htp/melatonin/mdma for about 5 days now. i feel great and i won't miss these drugs for a while. weed combine with 5htp or melatonin high is AWESOME! i love the dream like trips really chill and no munchies but cotton mouth :X

How many mgs was your melatonin per pill?

The best way I have found to get on track with sleeping is to wake up early (6AMish) regardless of what time you slept. Given that you have no chance to sleep within the day, you will begin sleepingg earlier eventually.

3mg is more melatonin than necessary. If that is the dose in one pill, get smaller ones. I get .5mg tablets from Trader Joe's.

Can someone explain melatonin dosages to me? I always hear two different things.

1. Low dosages (~.5mg) work best and higher dosages can be ineffective.

2. Large doses, like 25 mg + are the best smaller ones are useless.

I'm confused so I just take the 8mg tablets, and it seems to be minorly helpful. Maybe just placebo, but just gives of a bedtime feeling, but when I law down and turn out the lights, no sleep.

Crickey, I've just switched to daily melatonin from daily diphenihydramine to help me sleep, and I only need .25mg to help me sleep. Granted I'm on valium as well though. I'm glad to have found it, and removed the problem of next day dry mouth caused by diphenihydramine

How you can possibly get out of bed the next day? If I take .5mg or more of this stuff, I feel a noticeable drowsiness the next day. Perhaps try a really really low dose.

Melatonin will help you fall asleep and have a better sleep, but this still means you need regular and long enough sleep. Get to bed earlier

The first thing that crossed my mind was that the 5HTP could be causing the problem - if in conjunction with the melatonin/

I've been dabbling into a tiny bit of research dealing with blue light(weird, huh?), which is basically light emitted from the sun that reacts with sensors in your eye. It helps control the melatonin cycle - when you get blue light in your eye, your melatonin production stops, helping you stay awake during the day, and falling naturally asleep at night.

Definately try lower doses of melatonin, and don't bother with the 5htp.

Valerian is really helpful for not sleeping due to restlessness -- get capsules, it tastes kind of horrible as tea -- it's a very effective anti-anxiety herb, and not that expensive.

Chamomile as tea is also rather nicely calming; there's a company in the states called Traditional Medicinals that does a chamomile/lavender tea that's quite good.

i find 5htp is NOT good before bed while sober, i usually feel mood lift & stoned in a dreamy state.

after a night at rave club and go home in the early hours (5~6am.) i feel pretty tired so i usually take 50mg 5htp. it helps me sleep deeply (don't remember any dream) and wake up refresh after two to four hours of sleep.

i haven't tried valerian root yet so i might have to give it a try some day.

right now i'm trying to stick to the same sleeping routine - wake up at 8am / sleep at 12pm. i usually wake up around 3:30am and 6am for piss break. don't know why :!

I don't think anyone should ever taking more than 1 mg of melatonin. Just not necessary... and it makes you drowsy the WHOLE next day. :D